10.11.2005

Veterans and Christmas lists

This is a monotype with colored pencil. Based on a guard at the National Gallery in D.C. He was great.




all right, I just got off the phone with my mom. She's hilariously wonderful. A while ago she emailed me about me and me wife visiting for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom's the kind of mom who, once autumn rolls around, is always asking what you want for Christmas, via phone, email, etc. Bugs you about it. Anyways, her email about visiting home sparked in me the desire to, finally, write out my Christmas list for her.

1. a sweet iPod
2. lots of money
3. lots of more money
4. D.M. Lloyd Jones' complete commentary on Romans (it's only about a million dollars)
5. gift cards for Half.com, Amazon.com, Buy.com, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, any art supply store,
6. anything that has to do with Sufjan Stevens, the greatest singer/songwriter ever to walk the earth (I already have most of his CD's).
7. a barrel of real live monkeys
8. sleep
9. slight comprehension of the vastness of the universe
10. ridiculous musical talent
11. lots of cool, random tiny objects
12. a really expensive etching press made by Takach
13. really good camping supplies
14. riddance of lower back pain
15. stuff
16. tight black leather pants
17. a black Harley-Davidson bike built by dad
18. a thousand-dollar scanner I can use at work
19. never-before-seen artistic ability and unstoppable motivation
20. FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIIIIIINGS
21.The complete set of Ren and Stimpy episodes on DVD
21. my own personal sushi chef
22. the entire city of Asheville, NC
23. the entire state of Oregon
24. a partridge in a pear tree

1 Comments:

Blogger Jared Chapman said...

Chris, I would sing your praises if I had a voice for such a thing. Luckily for the world, I don't. So I'll have to use these words...
What a GREAT MIND BLOWIN illustration! Seriously, I'm stumped by that absolute talent of yours... and how you did it. Seriously, it "rocks my face off"... so to speak.
Great stuff!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home