10.29.2005

The Prodigal Son

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Here's the finished product of the Prodigal Son. Quite different from my original sorry excuse for an idea (see earlier post).



P.S. I grew up my entire life thinking that "prodigal" meant "really bad" or "really REALLY BAD" or something similar. I remember when I first realized that it meant "wasteful" it felt like an epiphany. Thinking about that even now, it really brings the parable close to home, because WASTEFUL is a way that's all-too easy to be in light of God's grace to us.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its great babe, i love how the dancing people turned out. i still want the fatted calf. . .

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
That is really excellent. Are you selling any prints? Keep up the good work.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ditto on the prints question.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jared Chapman said...

Chris, You're amazing. This is beautiful! As a matter of fact, I think this could be my favorite of all of your stuff that I have seen. You get a gold star... no, TWO GOLD STARS!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider this my order for when you make prints. Beautiful!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

This is unbelieveable!!!!! What is your medium/media?

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the symbolism. This is my favorite type of work you do. Put me down for a copy.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me Marco btw.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home